Thursday, February 2, 2012

Let's Try this Again!

Well, well…here we are! Has it been a year and a half already? Whoops! I guess I’ve just so busy jet-setting around the world, being invited to very important and very fancy parties, and giving significant speeches that I haven’t found the time to sit down and update you! Apologies! I promise it’s not just that I’m lazy and never in the mood to write…not at all!

So let’s start fresh. It’s the beginning of February and about 70 degrees here in Atlanta, and it just feels like a great time to restart this blog and update you on the craziness in the Barbour household.

Oh, did you hear? I’m 475 weeks pregnant with identical twin girls. I told you we’ve been busy!

Yes, the girls are due any day now, and I’m a combination of extremely excited, a little nervous, and totally in denial. It’s hard to believe that at any moment, Nathan and I will be the parents of two little girls…a family of four in the blink of an eye! We already love them so much, and can only imagine what they are going to be like…it cracks me up to even imagine two miniature combinations of me and Nathan! One thing I know for sure: they will have some fierce eyebrows. Just wait.

Let me clarify one thing, though! I am not becoming a “mommy blogger”. No Ma’am. I want to have a place to post pictures and brag about my children (naturally), but I’m not going to fall into that habit of ONLY talking about babies and feeding schedules and the debate over pacifiers. If I do start sounding like that, will one of you please come over, kidnap me, and take me out for a glass of wine? Because in my mind, that is a cry for help that I need to get out of the house!

Here I am a few weeks ago, about to tip over. More updates to come!


No comments: